Welcome To Ms. Beaudrie's Preschool Class
Dear Preschool Families,
Welcome to Preschool! I am looking forward to an exciting year filled with much growth, fun and hands-on learning. My wish is to instill a positive love for learning that will last a lifetime. There is nothing more rewarding than seeing their faces light up when they learn something new.
To start off, I would like to tell you a little about myself both personally and professionally. I am a graduate of Western Michigan University with a Bachelors of Science degree in Elementary Education. I have minors in French, Math, Science, and Early Childhood Education. I have taught preschool for 19 years and am excited to begin my eleventh year with Monroe Catholic Elementary School. I am the mother of five beautiful children. I have three girls’ age 22, 21, 18 and two boys’ who are 17 and 13. They keep me busy but I love it! In my spare time, I enjoy vacations, reading, going on walks, watching movies, shopping and spending time with my family.
It is my goal to ensure your child’s preschool experience is full of growth academically, spiritually, and socially. Always remember that learning is a continuous process and change is a part of growth. Therefore, learning is open to meet the needs of each child.
In order to know your child better and to help guide my teaching, I am asking for your help. Please fill out the attached questionnaire about your child. This will help me get to know your child as a person, learner, and thinker. Please turn in this questionnaire by Thursday, September 1st.
I would like to work closely together with you, and I believe frequent communication is vital. I will be using our classroom website as an extra form of communication. I will post our weekly newsletters and any other upcoming events. You can also check the bulletin board outside our classroom door and your child's folder for important information, as well as signing up for REMIND text service. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I would love to talk whenever you feel the need. I look forward to a great year together!
Our Mission: Monroe Catholic Elementary Schools is a Christ-centered, Catholic learning community committed to the academic excellence and spiritual development of every student.
"My Promise to You"
I promise you every day your child will learn something.
Some days they will bring it home in their hands.
Some days they will bring it home in their heads,
And some days they will bring it home in their hearts.
- Wednesday is gym day. Please be sure your child is dressed in comfortable clothes and tennis shoes. Also, don’t forget to wear our class shirts on gym days!
- Please continue to help your child learn their address. Do not forget to send your address on a piece of paper in their folder when they are ready to say it to me.
- Enrollment for current families is going on now.
- Your child may share items from their baptism this week. Ideas include- pictures, baptismal candle, a special cross. rosary or baptismal bib.
- We will celebrate our 100th day of school on Wednesday, February 8th. The students may dress up like their 100 years old. On that day, I am asking that each child bring in 100 of their favorite snack- goldfish, marshmallows, fruit snacks, cheez- its, etc. Please have your child make 10 groups of 10 and then count by 10’s to get to 100. Most of them should be able to do this with no problem. Please put all 100 items into one bag and be sure that your selections are peanut-free.
- Children may dress like they are 100 years old on February 8th.
- Posters of 100 things are due February 8th.
- Teddy bear interviews are due Friday, February 10, 2022.
- On Friday, February 10, 2022, the students may bring a teddy bear to share with the class.
- On February 15th, the children may wear red, pink or Valentine’s Day shirts.
- We will have our Valentine’s Day party on Wednesday February 15th. This special celebration is for the children only. They will share a special snack, pass out valentines, play games and do a fun craft. If your child would like to bring valentines for their friends, please be sure that they have one for each child in their class. There are 23 students in our class. Please only have your child fill out the FROM not the To on the valentine. This is a great way for your child to practice writing their name.
- There will be no school February 17th-20th for President’s Day Weekend Break. School will resume on Tuesday, February 21st.
- Sunday, February 26th, is the MCES Open House for New and Prospective Families from 11:00am – 2:00pm. This will be by Appointment Only.
The health and safety of our Monroe Catholic School students is our top priority. Due to the impact sugary snacks have on the health and behavior of our students, along with the sensitivity/severity of several types of allergies on both our St. Michael and St. John Campuses, edible birthday treats cannot be passed out at school this year.
Students that would like to bring in birthday treats for their classmates may share something that is non-edible such as pencils, stickers, small toys, etc. Edible birthday treats have too much of an impact on our school day and will be sent home if they are sent to school. We want our children to feel special on their big day but believe we can achieve this through non-edible treats and other special attention in their classroom. Thank you for your cooperation, understanding and attention to this policy.